Church of Serbia – 24/3/18
- “The Sacred and Divine Liturgy” is a new English edition of the primary divine service of the Orthodox Church, published in full color by St Sebastian Press of the Western American Diocese, and edited by Bishop Maxim.
- This translation is an adapted version of the texts of accurate English translations already existed in previously published service books, and various Greek, English, and Slavonic liturgical manuals.
- All previously existing translations were checked for accuracy and consistency and edited, when necessary.
- Modern English has been chosen for this edition, following the most common order to be found in the Greek and Slavonic language service books which reflect the Byzantine tradition.
- The dialogues between the celebrant and the deacon are also included with brief Rubrics.
- In the supplementary material a detailed explanation for the Hierarchical Liturgy is included.
- One notable difference found in this edition from all existing editions is an aesthetic quality: the book is in full color, entirely illustrated by Fr. Stamatis Skliris’ icons and frescos.
Western American Diocese