Bulgarian Orthodox Church – July 2016
In connection with the spread of false and misleading statements on the internet regarding the latest decision of the Holy Synod on the Great and Holy Council of the Orthodox Church, to be held June 16-26, 2016 Crete the chancellery of the Holy Synod specifies the following:
1. The decision unanimously adopted by the Holy Synod was officially signed by the Bulgarian Patriarch and Their Eminences, Metropolitans – members of the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
2. The decision of the Holy Synod is categorical: the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will not participate in the Pan-Orthodox Council due to reasons already announced.
3. The decision was sent to the primates of every Local Orthodox Church.
4. The Bulgarian Orthodox Church delegation’s flight to Crete on a government plane was canceled.
5. The Bulgarian delegation’s reservations have been canceled and negotiatons are currently underway for a favorable conclusion.
Let members of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church exhibit a high ecclesiastical consciousness as to trust its hierarchs and, together with the Bulgarian public, not succumb to unnecessary and unworthy manipulation.
CHRIST IS RISEN!