SCV – Dr. Kyriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald – Cofounder and Executive Director – 25/1/2019
Over the past year, SCV has enjoyed incrementally, much progress! Our website attests to a witness of service offered on behalf of the Church at the highest level of theological and spiritual accountability. By God’s grace, since our inception, we have been striving to cultivate a charism of spiritual renewal, unity, and education through Pan-Orthodox initiatives advancing education, dialogue, and service. With gratitude and joy, we have been offering our efforts as acts of love for Christ and His Church. This past year, SCV has been:
- publishing our latest book, Encountering Women of Faith, Volume III our first official book review is attached. Please, encourage your pastor, your parish and community libraries, Christian scholars and educators, parish bookstore, Philoptochos and other philanthropic organizations, students and study groups, as well as your friends to order copies! If you have benefited from reading the book, please write a review.
- writing collaboratively with an international panel of eminent Orthodox theologians brought together under the leadership of His Eminence, Metropolitan Methodios of Boston, a Proposal for the: Introductory Parameters for the Ministry of the Ordained Deaconess in the Orthodox Church. This is now published on our website and available to the public.
- visiting Hellenic College/Holy Cross female students twice-per-semester informally providing support, education, mentoring and relationship building.
- assisting and promoting the work of Anberin Pasha, M.Div., Th.M. (candidate) SCV’s “Up and Coming Scholar for 2019-2021”. (See her acclaimed documentary on St. Maria Skobsova of Paris, here: www.lovetotheend.com. We are planning to collaborate with her on new educational initiatives in the coming year!)
- cultivating our ongoing Facebook and social media outreach ministry, through the generous efforts of Advisory Board members.
- bolstering SCV outreach activities and building relationships with other Pan-Orthodox groups focused on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery. (See for example, The Orthodox Peace Fellowship Journal edition on human trafficking, https://incommunion.org/human-trafficking/). Our SCV Advisory Board member, Pres. Maria Drossos (M.Div., candidate), also a member of the Task Force on Human Trafficking of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople has been of great assistance regarding this effort!
- granted permission to publish digitally, the Orthodox Women Speak: Discerning the ‘Signs of the Times’” book as a free educational resource! This is now available online in its entirety and by each chapter.
For more information about our latest efforts please, visit our website: www.saintcatherinesvision.org Feel free to share your constructive questions, suggestions or requests and write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a uniquely Orthodox Christian spiritual approach to Philanthropy and Charity?
We believe there is! The most spiritually rich expressions of philanthropy and charity, while deeply grounded in the same spiritual “roots”, naturally are externally manifested in diverse ways; as needs vary, and the capacities of potential benefactors also vary. The focus of SCV’s work has been bridging “theology and ministry” and “theology and orthopraxia” to benefit the service of women and men for the “building up of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12).
Please, join us by financially supporting our work and encouraging like-minded friends to help us, as well!
As the Nativity of our Lord–Christmas and the rest of the winter festivities come upon us, please consider assisting us with your prayers, friendship and material gifts. While we offer our efforts freely and with gratitude for Christ’s eternal Divine Compassion, our work would move much more smoothly with the requisite, undergirding financial assistance to help us cultivate the practical dimensions of our charism. Most easily, tax-deductible, donations can be made through our PayPal account on our website. Or, check donations may be sent to our office at: 90 Rte. 6A, Suite 4C, Sandwich, MA 02563.
Truly, it is a divine gift to have the opportunity to be of service and assistance to others. May we all be richly blessed by the Compassionate God to be enabled to respond to such opportunities!
On behalf of Saint Catherine’s Vision, we wish you and your loved ones, every blessing for the Christmas Season and upcoming, New Year!