OCP News Service – 2/8/21
Holy Land-Jerusalem: Orthodox Liturgy Held at the Ruins of the 5th Century Byzantium Church in the city of Ashdod in Israel. Archbishop Theophanes of Gerassa served the Liturgy.
More details here:
The debris of the old Byzantine Church was initially excavated in 1921. The central Church and chapels were discovered during the excavation process. In 2009, the State assigned the responsibility of the excavations to archaeologist Dr Alexander Fantalkin of the Tel Aviv University. The previously postponed excavations will continue this year.
OCP News Service