Orthodox Christians seeking to share in a journey of faith and fulfill the mandate of our Lord Jesus Christ are invited to participate in one of the 2014 mission teams sponsored by the Orthodox Christian Mission Center.
Mission teams for 2014 include
- Alaska – Youth ministry (Ouzinkie) July 18 – July 27
- Albania – Mission Institute (Tirana) (TBD)
- Albania – Youth ministry (Shen Vlash) March 10 – March 17
- Albania – Children’s Home of Hope youth ministry (Shen Vlash) June 16 – July 1
- Albania – Womens’ retreats (Tirana) August 11 – August 24
- Ghana – Teaching; celebrate the 25-year anniversary (Accra and Peki) August 2 – August 16
- Guatemala – Hogar Rafael Ayau youth ministry (San Miguel del Lago) July 10 – July 21
- Kenya – Evangelism (Turkana) March 8 – March 16
- Kenya – Teaching (Nairobi) June 4 – June 14
- Kenya – Church construction, catechism, & health care (Turkana/Lokichaar) June 17 – July 1 and June 24 – July 11
- Moldova – Womens’ retreats (Orhei) April 28 – May 6
- Moldova – Youth camp (Orhei) July 12 – July 23
- Tanzania – Health care outreach (Bukoba) February 3 – February 14 and May 12 – May 23
- Tanzania – Clergy retreats (Bukoba) October 27 – November 8
- Uganda – Stewardship training (Kampala) October 27 – November 8
- Uganda – Health care and education (Gulu) August 18 – August 30 and August 26 – September 8
With regard to specific ministries
- Teaching offers a living witness of Orthodoxy through evangelism, religious education, seminars, Bible studies, and retreats. Share the Orthodox Faith with youth, adults, catechumens, clergy, ministry leaders, and the faithful. Clergy, students, teachers, seminarians, youth leaders, Sunday school teachers, and Bible study leaders are urged to apply.
- Evangelism. Preach the Gospel of Christ through evangelism in cross-cultural environments, offering the opportunity to hear and embrace the Good News. Live as Orthodox witnesses so others may come to know the saving love of Christ.
- Construction. Provide labor and service on a building project while working with members of a local Orthodox community to help construct churches in growing Orthodox communities. Construction experience is welcomed, but not necessary.
- Youth Camps serve as examples of God’s love by engaging youth around the world through offering religious education, Bible studies, sports, arts and crafts, teaching activities, camps, and fellowship. Those willing to work with youth and young adults are encouraged to apply – camp counselors, teachers, youth ministry directors, and students.
- Health Care provides a holistic witness to the Gospel by ministering to physical needs and offering health education in regions where medical services are scarce. Health personnel – doctors, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, counselors, HIV/AIDS specialists, therapists – are especially needed.
Registration is now open for these mission team opportunities. Participation costs and full team descriptions will be coming soon. Apply on-line at www.ocmc.org. Contact Andrew Lekos by phone at 1-877-GO FORTH (463-6784), or by e-mail at email@example.com
, for more information.