Church of Serbia – 22/7/2020
On 18 July 2020, His Grace Bishop Fotije of Zvornik-Tuzla consecrated the Old church in the Serbian town in Derventa, which was destroyed in 1992 during the occupation of the Croatian Defence Council and so-called the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Since the church was destroyed in 1992, on the Ascension Day, and it was planned to be consecrated on the same feast day, 28 May. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the rite was delayed. The restoration began in December 2017 and the church is dedicated to the Annunciation.
The construction of the Old Church of Derventa began in 1850 by then parish priest of Derventa along with traders Djordje and Rista Kostic, Sima Karamitrovic and other parishioners. The construction lasted until 1855, when it was consecrated on the feast day of the Dormition of the Mother of God, to who it was dedicated.