The Holy Synod proclaimed 2014 as Solemn Eucharistic Year (of the Holy Confession and Holy Communion) and Commemorative Year of the Saints Martyrs Brancovens in the Romanian Patriarchate.
On 29 October 2012, the working session of the Holy Synod of the Romanian Orthodox Church was held in the Synodal Hall of the Residential Patriarchate under the chairmanship of His Beatitude Patriarch Daniel.
We mention some of the decisions taken:
– Approval of the text of the Pastoral letter of the Holy Synod at the end of the Solemn Year of the Holy Unction and taking care of the sick, to be read on the first Sunday of the Advent of the Nativity of the Lord (18 November 2012) in all the churches and monasteries of the Romanian Patriarchate;
– Proclamation of the year 2014 as Solemn Eucharistic Year (of the Holy Confession and Holy Communion) and Commemorative Year of the Saint Martyrs Brancovens in the Romanian Patriarchate;
– Organisation in 2013 of “Dumitru Stăniloae” National Contest – 110 since his birth and 20 years since his passing away;
– The approval of the proposals of the 5th National Congress of the Faculties of Orthodox Theology of the Romanian Patriarchate on the theme Formation, quality, competitiveness in the contemporary academic theological education, held at Nicula Monastery, from 24 – 26 September 2012;
– Estimation of the pre-academic, seminary and theological secondary school education;
– Intensification of the pastoral and cultural – educational activity for children and youth in the Romanian Diaspora.