Famagusta church ‘re-opens’

December 2013 Hundreds flocked to the mediaeval Ayios Georgios Eksorinos church in occupied Famagusta, for the first Greek Orthodox service in 56 years, described as the largest gathering of Greek-Cypriot faithful in a service held in the occupied territories since 1974. Ayios Georgios Eksorinos, situated within the walled city, had been abandoned from 1957 because of an ...