On September 9, 2015, the Supreme Church Council of the Russian Orthodox Church met for a regular session at the Cathedral Church of Christ the Saviour in Moscow. It is chaired by His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia.
Opening the meeting the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church made introductory remarks.
The agenda includes reports on the implementation of decisions of the Supreme Church Council and the Bishops’ Council and a discussion on the ROC’s draft concept of pastoral care and support for the Cossacks.
The Supreme Church Councils under the chairmanship of His Holiness the Patriarch includes the following members:
- Metropolitan Varsonofy of St. Petersburg and Ladoga, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate;
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Department for External Church Relations;
- Metropolitan Clement of Kaluga and Borovsk, head of the ROC Publishing Board;
- Metropolitan Ioann of Belgorod and Stary Oskol, head of the Synodal Mission Department;
- Metropolitan Merkury of Rostov and Novocherkassk, head of the Department for Religious Education and Catechism;
- Metropolitan Kirill of Stavropol and Nevinnomyssk, chairman of the Committee for Cooperation with the Cossacks;
- Archbishop Yevgeny of Vereya, chairman of the Education Committee under the Holy Synod;
- Archbishop Feognost of Sergiev Posad, head of the Synodal Department for Monasteries and Monastics;
- Archbishop Mark of Yegorievsk, head of the Financial and Economic Administration, director of the Office for Moscow Patriarch Institutions Abroad;
- Bishop Sergiy of Solnechnogorsk, director of the Moscow Patriarchate Administrative Secretariat;
- Bishop Irinarch of Krasnogorsk, head of the Synodal Department for Prison Service;
- Bishop Ignaty of Vyborg and Priozersk, head of the Synodal Youth Department;
- Bishop Panteleimon of Orekhovo-Zuevo, head of the Synodal Department for Charity and Social Service;
- Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov), executive secretary of the Patriarchal Council for Culture;
- Archpriest Sergiy Privalov, acting head of the Synodal Department for Cooperation with the Armed Forces and Law Enforcement;
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov, chairman of the Patriarchal Commission for the Family, Protection of Motherhood and Childhood;
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, head of the Synodal Department for Church-Society Relations;
- P. Legoida, head of the Synodal Information Department.
Invited to the meeting were Metropolitan Arseny of Istra, first Patriarchal vicar for Moscow, Archimandrite Savva (Tutunov), deputy chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate, Archpriest Maxim Kozlov, first vice-chairman of the Education Committee, and Sister Xenia (Chernega), director of the Moscow Patriarchate Legal Service.
Patriarchal Press Service
DECR Communication Service