Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem – September 2016
On September 1, the official Opening Ceremony of the 2016-2017 school year of Sts. Tarkmanchatz School took place in the school’s events hall.
The members of Sts. James Brotherhood, as well as the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia to Israel participated in the ceremony.
After the anthems of the Republic of Armenia and of the Sts. Tarkmanchatz School were sung, the Dean, the Reverend Father Norayr Gazazian, welcomed all in his speech.
His Eminence Archbishop Sevan Gharibian, the Grand Sacristian, then spoke and blessed all present.
After the opening ceremony the members of Sts. James Brotherhood and the Honorary Consul paid a visit to the Kindergarten under the guidance of the Reverend Father Gazazian.
This year the Sts. Tarkmanchatz School counts 169 pupils and 30 teachers.
The Sts. Tarkmanchatz School is the only Armenian day school in the Holy Land, and was established in 1929 at the time and instigation of Patriarch Yeghishe Durian.