On Sunday, the 13th/26th of October 2014, H.B. Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem led the divine Liturgy at the church of St George the New, which was consecrated on the 29th of June 1707 by the late Patriarch Chrysanthos of Jerusalem. Concelebrating with His Beatitude was the Very Reverend Bishop Siluan, representative of the Patriarchate of Romania to Hungary, priests of the Romanian Church and deacons.
After having partaken of the Sacrament of Communion, on the conclusion of the service, His Beatitude Theophilos addressed the flock in English, see link: http://www.jp-newsgate.net/en/2014/10/26/9647
offering, as a token of His visit, a mother-of-pearl cross made in Bethlehem and an icon of Theotokos Jerusalemite.
The head of the church, protopresbyter f. Emil Kremizaro, delivered a reply speech, offering His Beatitude a stole and a pallium. Of note is the fact that His Beatitude exited the overcrowded Church with difficulty and at great risk, as a crowd of faithful had rushed to receive His blessing.
From there, His Beatitude left for the inauguration of a Rest Home, funded by the parish of the magnificent 18th church of St Silvester. At the opening ceremony, His Beatitude offered a mother-of-pearl blessing cross and an icon of Theotokos.
At noon, His Beatitude the Patriarch of Romania hosted Patriarch Theophilos and His retinue to lunch at the Romanian Patriarchate.
In the afternoon, Patriarch Theophilos gave an interview at the radio station of the Patriarchate of Romania.
In the evening, the Greek ambassador to Romania, Mr Vasilocostantakis, hosted the Patriarch and His retinue to dinner.
From the Secretariat-General