At the dawn of Wednesday the 1st/14th of January 2015, fire broke out in three rooms opposite the Church of the Apostles Peter and Paul in the Monastery of Capernaum. The fire was caused by a short circuit.
Because of the fire spread, three rooms, two of which served as candle making workshops, were completely ruined.
The renovator of the Monastery, monk Irinarchos, aided by his father Stavros, on a visit to the Monastery, notified the Galilee Fire Service to distinguish the fire.
On the afternoon of the same day, Patriarch Theophilos visited the site of the fire. He was accompanied by the Patriarchal Commissioner, Metropolitan Isychios of Kapitolias, and the Elder Secretary-General, Archbishop Aristarchos of Constantina.
From the Secretariat-General